VISUAL WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE
VISUAL WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE
A Six Week Online Master Screenwriting Course
Studying with Max Adams
Course Dates: 05.07.24
Course Fee: $475 || Course Deposit: $150
Course Location: ONLINE
Visual Writing is an accelerated screenwriting master class studying online with author & award winning screenwriter Max Adams. During six weeks of advanced study, students will study the three foundations of scene visuals, analyze produced scripts and film clips provided in class, complete advanced course assignments and exercises, and participate in weekly online discussions reviewing and analyzing course materials and course assignments with Max Adams.
WEEK ONE: Setting Location ||
Lecture: Space, Light, Texture
WEEK TWO: Perspective ||
Lecture: The Window or the Man?
WEEK THREE: Exterior vs. Interior ||
Lecture: Car Chase is Not a Location
WEEK FOUR: Character Intro’s ||
Lecture: Short Skirt Does Not Equal Character
WEEK FIVE: Static Locations vs. Dynamic Locations ||
Lecture: Dead Movement Equals Dead Movie
WEEK SIX: Verbs & Movement ||
Lecture: Walk, Leap, or Stroll
WEEK SEVEN: Grace Week ||
WE WILL BE COVERING:
- The three visual cornerstones
- Setting locations visually
- Introducing characters visually
- Authorial intrusion — when & how to use it, and when you need to lose it
- Introducing visual elements from general to specific — and why that counts
- Line of sight and how to use it
- Perspective — how to create it, how to anchor it, and how to maintain it
- How to direct visuals without camera cues
- Filters — when & how to use them, and when & how to lose them
- Drawing on a reader’s visuals memory vault to enhance writing impact
- And more —
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- Actionable craft tools that, implemented in your own scripts, will immediately improve your existing & future feature and television scripts, ceating stronger impact with and a cinematic reading experience for future readers and industry professionals considering material for option, purchase, development, attachment and production.
Questions? Send us email:
Visual Writing Email:
MAX ADAMS is an author and award winning screenwriter. She has written for Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures, Tri-Star Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Walt Disney Studios, Universal Pictures — and a couple others to remain unnamed because no one around here wants to get black listed.
Max is a former volunteer AFI Alumni reader and WGAw online mentor, has appeared as a speaker at, among other places, AMPAS, USC, and Film Arts Foundation, is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at University of Utah and a former lecturer & instructor at New York Film Academy, is the author of The Screenwriter’s Survival Guide AND The New Screenwriter’s Survival Guide, is the founder of two international online screenwriting workshops and has the dubious distinction of having been dubbed “Red Hot Adams” by Daily Variety for selling three pitches over a holiday weekend — which made her agents cry.
[In a good way.]
She answers now to both “Max” and “Red Hot” in crowds and dog parks.
Max Adams has been a keen mentor, champion and cheerleader. Her online classes have provided me with very specific and important screenwriting tools. My short script, Minerva’s War, was a 2014 Finalist at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Beverly Hills as a direct result of learning and applying these techniques.
A Two Hour Lab with Screenwriter Max Adams: LAB SUBJECT: The Logline LAB DATES: 09.23.23 LAB TIME: 8 PM EST LAB FEE: $59.00 || LAB LOCATION: The is an online Zoom labSchedule: FIRST HOUR: 45 Minute Lecture & Presentation from Max Adams & 15 Minute Break...
DIALOGUE WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE COURSE: A Six Week Online Master Screenwriting Course Studying with Max Adams Course Dates: 11.07.23 || 11.05.24 Course Fee: $475 || Course Deposit: $150 Course Location: ONLINE Dialogue Writing is an accelerated...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.