DYNAMIC WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE
DYNAMIC WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE
A Six Week Online Master Screenwriting Course
Studying with Max Adams
Course Dates: 07.09.24
Course Fee: $475 || Course Deposit: $150
Course Location: ONLINE
Dynamic Writing is an accelerated screenwriting master class studying online with author & award winning screenwriter Max Adams. During six weeks of advanced study, students will learn the cornerstones of screen motion on the page and on the screen, analyze produced scripts and film clips provided in class, complete advanced course assignments and exercises, and participate in weekly online discussions reviewing and analyzing course materials and course assignments with Max Adams.
WEEK ONE: Location & Setting ||
Lecture: Restaurants, Courtrooms & Cubicles Are Not Your Friend
WEEK TWO: Electronic Devices & Filters ||
Lecture: Plastic Boxes Are Boring
WEEK THREE: Motion & Verbs ||
Lecture: “Moving Pictures” Means “Move”
WEEK FOUR: Open Spaces vs. Moving Spaces ||
Lecture: Sitting In a Car is Still “Sitting”
WEEK FIVE: Action: Moving on the Page ||
Formatting for Impact
WEEK SIX: When Static Scenes Are Required ||
Lecture: Using Tension, Perspective & Comedy to Carry a Static Scene
WEEK SEVEN: Grace Week ||
WE WILL BE COVERING:
- The core elements of motion on screen & the page
- Dynamic locations vs static locations
- Location vs action — and using both to augment a scene or scene sequence
- Location vs event — and using both to augment a scene or scene sequence
- Establishing & maintaining narrative dramatic tension with motion
- Establishing & maintaining narrative dramatic tension with location
- Filters that augment motion & scene tension
- Filters that mute motion & scene tension
- Dots writing & extraneous traveling sequences
- Language that supports motion on the screen, on the page — and for a reader
- Writing down the page for cinematic impact
- Speed headers
- Action pacing
- And more —
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- Actionable craft tools that, implemented in your own scripts, will immediately improve your existing & future feature and television scripts, ceating stronger impact with and a cinematic reading experience for future readers and industry professionals considering material for option, purchase, development, attachment and production.
DYNAMIC WRITING is a master screenwriting class. If you are a new student, a writing sample will be requested prior to final acceptance into the class. In rare instances in which you are not accepted into the class, your course deposit will be returned.
Questions? Send us email:
Dynamic Writing Email:
MAX ADAMS is an author and award winning screenwriter. She has written for Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures, Tri-Star Pictures, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Walt Disney Studios, Universal Pictures — and a couple others to remain unnamed because no one around here wants to get black listed.
Max is a former volunteer AFI Alumni reader and WGAw online mentor, has appeared as a speaker at, among other places, AMPAS, USC, and Film Arts Foundation, is an Adjunct Assistant Professor at University of Utah and a former lecturer & instructor at New York Film Academy, is the author of The Screenwriter’s Survival Guide AND The New Screenwriter’s Survival Guide, is the founder of two international online screenwriting workshops and has the dubious distinction of having been dubbed “Red Hot Adams” by Daily Variety for selling three pitches over a holiday weekend — which made her agents cry.
[In a good way.]
She answers now to both “Max” and “Red Hot” in crowds and dog parks.
Max Adams has been a keen mentor, champion and cheerleader. Her online classes have provided me with very specific and important screenwriting tools. My short script, Minerva’s War, was a 2014 Finalist at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Beverly Hills as a direct result of learning and applying these techniques.
A Two Hour Lab with Screenwriter Max Adams: LAB SUBJECT: The Logline LAB DATES: 09.23.23 LAB TIME: 8 PM EST LAB FEE: $59.00 || LAB LOCATION: The is an online Zoom labSchedule: FIRST HOUR: 45 Minute Lecture & Presentation from Max Adams & 15 Minute Break...
DIALOGUE WRITING || ONLINE MASTER COURSE COURSE: A Six Week Online Master Screenwriting Course Studying with Max Adams Course Dates: 11.07.23 || 11.05.24 Course Fee: $475 || Course Deposit: $150 Course Location: ONLINE Dialogue Writing is an accelerated...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.