LAB: THE LOOKBOOK LAB
A Two Hour Lab with Screenwriter Max Adams:
LAB SUBJECT: The Lookbook
LAB DATES: 11.19.22
LAB TIME: 8 PM EST
LAB FEE: $59.00 ||
LAB LOCATION: The is an online Zoom lab
FIRST HOUR: 45 Minute Lecture & Presentation from Max Adams & 15 Minute Break
SECOND HOUR: Demonstration of Lookbook Creation Using Canvas Tools & Templates & Found Art
*Optional Half Hour Q&A with Max Adams to Follow
AFTER REGISTRATION —
You will receive your Zoom dits in email the day prior to your zoom lab date. Please white list theafw.com email to make sure you receive your confirmation email and lab dits — and please register at least a day before your lab date. We do not want to be flinging email back and forth the day of the lab and will not be accepting new registrations in the hour immediately preceding the lab and mid-presentation.
WE WILL BE COVERING:
- The five core building blocks of a lookbook
- What information is out there on the internet about lookbooks & why it’s wrong for writers
- Places to find found art
- Using tone & genre as a composition anchor
- Color schemes & adjustment
- Canvas tools & templates: how to find them & how to use them
- Emphasizing story high points & peaks in lookbooks
- How to display lookbooks online
- How to use lookbooks in a query or pitch
- And more —
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- An understanding of the core elements needed to create a compelling lookbook that communicates the look and feel of your script’s story as a film or pilot to industry professionals pitched a concept or script — and the knowledge and know how to use the tools you need to create professional looking lookbooks that wow.
A LOOK AT WHAT WE’LL BE BUILDING:
We will be building a mock cinematic lookbook much along the lines of the mock lookbook in the AFW blog lookbook post:
If you’d like to learn how to build that — SIGN UP!
If you cannot attend the scheduled lookbook labs, do not despair, we plan to offer the lookbook lab again. Send us email to be placed on the lab waiting list.
Lookbook Lab Enquiries & Waiting List:
Ratings and Reviews
Max Adams has been a keen mentor, champion and cheerleader. Her online classes have provided me with very specific and important screenwriting tools. My short script, Minerva’s War, was a 2014 Finalist at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Beverly Hills as a direct result of learning and applying these techniques.
If you want to learn how to make a cinematic lookbook to promote your script and help it get read by the industry by helping them to see’ the movie, sign up for this lab. Not only does the lab cover the elements of a cinematic lookbook, with valuable tips, including where to find the best images, but Max demonstrates how to create one in real time. Invaluable.