LAB: THE LOGLINE LAB
A Two Hour Lab with Screenwriter Max Adams:
LAB SUBJECT: The Logline
LAB DATES: 11.05.22
LAB TIME: 8 PM EST
LAB FEE: $59.00 ||
LAB LOCATION: The is an online Zoom lab
FIRST HOUR: 45 Minute Lecture & Presentation from Max Adams & 15 Minute Break
SECOND HOUR: Analysis & Review of Example Loglines & Attendee’s Pre-Submitted Loglines
*Optional Half Hour Q&A with Max Adams to Follow
AFTER REGISTRATION —
You will receive your Zoom dits in email the day prior to your zoom lab date. Please white list theafw.com email to make sure you receive your confirmation email and lab dits — and please try to register a day in advance. We do not want to be flinging email back and forth an hour before the lab starts and will not be accepting new registrations in the hour immediately preceding the lab and mid-presentation.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE —
Max to include your logline with logline examples we work with in the lab, please pre-submit your logline to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lab Logline” — you must be registered with the lab to submit & we can’t include all submitted loglines but we will try.
WE WILL BE COVERING:
- The five core building blocks of a logline that must be included to impart concept to industry professionals
- The two logline concept models: plot driven concepts & situation driven concepts
- Additional building blocks — and when & why to use them
- Why metaphor is not your logline’s friend
- Why adjectives are not your logline’s friend
- Language that supports tone & concept
- Burying the lead — don’t!
- Bringing genre home
- Using title for impact
- Mental real estate & how to use it
- Location specifics & how to use them
- Time period specifics & how to use them
- Big ticket story elements
- And more —
YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- An understanding of the core elements every industry professional being pitched must get in a logline in order to consider and/or champion a story and concept — and the knowledge needed to put those pieces together for the fast pitch, the long pitch, and the query pitch when reaching out to and pitching industry professionals.
Logline Lab Waiting List:
Max Adams has been a keen mentor, champion and cheerleader. Her online classes have provided me with very specific and important screenwriting tools. My short script, Minerva’s War, was a 2014 Finalist at the Lady Filmmakers Film Festival in Beverly Hills as a direct result of learning and applying these techniques.