RECOMMENDED SCREENWRITING BOOKS
Screenwriting books you should have —
- A Martian Wouldn’t Say That ~ Leonard B. Stern
- Adventures in the Screen Trade ~ William Goldman
- Conversations With My Agent ~ Rob Long
- Creating Unforgettable Characters ~ Linda Seger
- Directing: Film Techniques and Aesthetics ~ Michael Rabiger
- Making a Good Script Great ~ Linda Seger
- The New Screenwriter’s Survival Guide ~ Max Adams
- Screenwriting: The Sequence Approach ~ Paul Gulino
- The Screenwriter’s Bible ~ David Trottier
- The Script is Finished, Now What Do I Do? ~ K. Callan
- The Secrets of Action Screenwriting ~ William C. Martell
- Your Screenplay Sucks: 100 Ways to Make it Great ~ William M. Akers
DANCES WITH WOLVES, MICHAEL BLAKE EXT. INDIAN CAMP – DUSK Several travois are parked in a clearing. It’s a scene of terrible woe. On the travois are dead bodies. Women members of several families are grieving as they collect the dead men. Some are shrieking, some are...
THE LOGLINE; OR, CONTORTIONS OF THE MODERN DAY SCREENWRITER So I am talking to my students about pitching. And I’m talking about pulling information for a short one liner describing story. And someone gets stuck. In every pitch, the short pitch, the medium...
HIGH CONCEPT WRITING: THE CRICHTON MODEL If there is one writer who regularly nailed high concept [and did it over and over again] it was Michael Crichton. Crichton was one of the first writers to write a story about a scientific and military response to a...